Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Everlasting Faith- September 11th!



" I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly."
(Psalm 40:10,11)
 
            We all remember where we were on nine-eleven. The physical world changed that day. For several months thereafter, Christian churches experienced a measurable increase in attendance. The best piece of news regarding that is the very high increase in "un-churched guests" that came and the percentage that actually have kept on coming. There is certainly good that comes from bad events.

            We will all probably remember that day forever. I would like to share a few memories of my own with you. On November 22nd, 1963 while donating blood in Salem Massachusetts, the nurse told me that she had heard that the president had been shot. I told her that she should not even joke about stuff like that. Many people remember that day.

            Solidly burned in my memory is sitting in front of a radio on Haverford Street in Hamden, Ct, very afraid, listening to reports of the attack on Pearl Harbor. December 7th, 1941.  So what is the big deal? I was only 27 months old. (I just called my mom to be sure that is all true and we think that is my first memory.) Both those events changed the physical world in which we live. They changed operations, but not our hearts.

            In summary, remember the event and accept the changes. Keep the Lord in your heart and share Him with others. He will be with us. Worldly events cannot harm our spirit. 

Thought for Today: Today let us find a friend and share the story about how September 11, 2001 has not changed our faith or how our faith is helping us through societies’ changes.

Prayer for Today: Dear Lord and father, today we give thanks for the joyous summer that we experienced and look forward to the fall colors as they arrive. We are thankful for the opportunity to do your work here on earth and the pleasure we receive from it. 

 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!