Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hope!


Hi folks,

I felt that this repeat of “Hope” is appropriate for two reasons today. The first reason is that Super Sandy is devastating the eastern seaboard and the people out their need hope. Secondly, we are entering the final week of a very long political campaign and we all need to pray about the image of America that the negative campaigning has spread around the world. We need the hope that the winner will govern our country to become a stronger America. We need to pray about that!

Hope!
"God, fill them with all hope, joy and peace
that they may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit..."
(Romans 15:13) 

            There must be some lucky guy out there married to a woman named Hope. Isn’t that a great thought; awakening every morning with hope; drinking morning coffee with hope; never being too far from thinking about hope. I like that analogy and the reality is we can be all of those things because the Lord is always with us and through Him hope abounds.

            One day last Winter I sat down to write my message and nothing was happening. So I did exactly the wrong thing; I filled my coffee cup, read the paper and watched the local news. My mom was snowed in, there were several murders reported and of course some political issues. There was nothing there to inspire hope but plenty to pray about.  I commented to June when she awakened that it was a long time since I started my day that way and I hope it is longer next time.

            One of the greatest things about being a Christian is having hope.  When we look toward the future we must remember Proverb 23 vs. 18. “There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.”

Thought for Today: Let today be a day of hope and light!

Prayer for Today: Dear Lord and Father, today we give thanks for our everlasting hope and joy available to us through Jesus. We look forward to a day that we can contribute by showing others the way by example through our hope and light.

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!