Friday, April 25, 2014

Footprints!

Footprints
" I come to the garden alone,
while the dew is still on the roses,
and the voice I hear falling on my ear,
the son of God discloses.
and he walks with me ,
and he talks with me,
and he tells me I am his own,
and the joy we share as we tarry there,
none other has ever known.
(From the Hymn In the Garden, C. Austin Miles)
(Methodist Hymnal No. 314)
        The overwhelming support that we have as people of faith is certainly wonderful and one of the greatest advantages of Christianity. Often, as an A type personality, I awake before June and go jogging ( now walking!) at sunrise, "..when the dew is still on the roses..". The sound of mourning doves and early robins is the dominant sound rather than traffic or other social activity related noise. Often I find myself humming "In the Garden".
        Another time when it comes to mind is before a tough meeting or event. Whether a business meeting, neighbor hood meeting or a hospital visit, it is great to know that you are never alone if you let Him join you.
        Many of you often see me with a lapel pin that is a pair of feet. They are from "Foot prints in the sand".  They are to invite conversation regarding the concept of walking with Christ every day. It is always an interesting conversation.
        We are blessed.
Thought for Today: Let us simply remember that we are never alone. Let us enjoy His presence as we walk through our lives.

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, we are certainly glad that you are here for support. Often the world around us is confusing and it is difficult to understand your wishes. However, we give thanks for the roll that you play in our everyday lives and the help you give you give our friends and families.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!