Friday, May 23, 2014

Memorial Day

Note to International visitors: The following was written for Memorial Day in the United States. I urge you to apply the message to your own countries soldiers and your personal family!

Thought for the Week: This week let us remember all who have gone before us and be thankful. Celebrate Memorial Day, pray for all who served; who went before us and all those that we love.

From God is my Spinach, May 30th

“Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him,
we will also live with him;
…Keep reminding God’s people of these things.”
(2 Corinthians Verses 11 & 14)         

            For several years my son-in-law Rick played in the 451st Fort Snelling Army band. We went to a lot of parades and concerts and had a lot of fun. At each concert they traditionally played the military anthems of the Coast guard, Army, Marines and Navy while the veterans in the crowd stood and saluted. Each time my eyes teared up with emotion when I thought what these people had done for all of us.
            There are places in the world where my writing these messages would be prohibited and criminal. That is not the case here. What makes America great is our freedom of speech, the ability to express ourselves and to hear from the other side. Abraham Lincoln said it like this:
“I am nothing but truth is everything.
I know I am right because I know that liberty is right,
for Christ teaches it, and Christ is God.”


Prayer for Today: Dear Lord and Father, today we give thanks to all of those who have gone before us; those who have contributed to our lives today. First all of those who fought in our military that contributed to our freedom; second to our family ancestors who built or traditions and lifestyle; and last to Jesus who gave us grace. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!