Saturday, April 18, 2015

Infants in Christ!

Infants

Brothers and sisters,
I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit
but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ.
(1 Corinthians 3 vs. 1)

            This is my confession to you all, I cannot quote a lot of scripture; do not know a lot of biblical history; have never visited the holy land; sometimes skip my Friday bible study to play golf or work out. At best I am an infant in Christ.
            In fact, I like that because it gives me plenty of room to grow, a reason to keep trying and even a reason to keep writing. There is always hope in knowing that there is growth ahead when we do the right things. Our lives are spiritual journeys without limits or even an end. That’s a great thought.
            As a young engineer my mentor used to quote “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.” It apparently is an old Confucius quote that I have not confirmed. It is certainly true with our faith. The more we learn the more the mystery and the higher our thirst becomes. That may be the best part of it all!

Thought for Today: Today let us recognize the opportunity to grow in the spirit. Let us recognize we are in our infancy and have room for exciting growth!

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, today we give thanks for your presence in our lives and the peace brought to us through our faith. WE will face challenges today and we go forth with the knowledge that you will be with us.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!