Monday, July 6, 2015

Lean on Me!

Lean on Me!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”
(Philippians 4 vs. 4)

            Sometimes rejoice and celebrate are hard words to implement. The last two years June and I have fought some battles that are not going to go away. One of my spiritual advisors challenged me on doing my meditations often enough! Yes, that is required but Paul’s message above says it well.  I choose to listen to Paul!
            This morning I am heading for the swimming pool for a relaxing lap swim with June and after lunch a walk around a lake with a mentor. It does not get much better than that!
            Also, I talked with mom today and at age 98 she was having a great day. Monday is her massage day! She was ahead of me 75 years ago and she still is! If you live to be 98, you want her life and spirit.
            Erma Bombeck wrote a book entitled “If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I doing in the Pits?” We need to focus on the good stuff and listen to Paul.
Rejoice in the Lord

Thought for Today: Today it will be too hot outside, the air conditioning inside will be too cool, the sun too bright and there may be a thunderstorm. It just will not matter so rejoice in the Lord and enjoy it. It is a preset.


Prayer for Today: Dear Lord and Father, there are many things wrong in our world; Wars, revolution, both national and local money issues. Today we give thanks for what we have and the ability to seek peace through you. We pray for the strength and guidance to find a way to contribute to a world wide solution. We pray that we may help find peace amongst the peoples of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!