Sunday, November 19, 2017

Standing!

Standing         
Standing on the promise of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.”
(Promises verse 1)
(written by R. Kelso Carter 1849-1926) 

            This is one of June’s favorite Hymns that covers a lot of issues in our lives. What do we stand for? What is the promise? They are simple questions that I will over simplify today.
            First, we stand for ethical Christian behavior that will benefit ourselves and everyone around us. We stand for living by following the Ten Commandments. Examples of being good are needed in our world and we are designated to show our stuff!
            Second, the promise is Grace; given to us by Christ when he died on the cross. We want to think there are more promises than that. When we need more money, more self-control, more time; more …etc! Somehow we feel deserving. We want what we want when we want it! We already have what we need; Grace!

We need to show off, stand for our faith!

Thought for Today: Today let us stand out in the crowd; stand for our Christian beliefs.

 Prayer for Today: Dear Lord and father, we find it easy to sit and watch. Today we pray for the opportunity and courage to stand up and be counted in your name.

Amen

4 comments:

  1. I remember singing that song in church as a kid...."Standing, Standing, Standing on the promises of God my Saviour! Standing, Standing! I'm standing on the promises of God!..... I am hoping in those words tonight for my daughter who is waiting to see if she has miscarried or is still pregnant....for my other daughter who needs extreme patience and grace and more unconditional love than nearly humanly possible....and I am claiming this for my husband who has lost the plot and turned on a dime to hatred, bitterness, rage and unforgiveness and vengefulness towards my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I fully understand your husband's feelings. I would love to be nearer and spend some time with him, (tough)love and kindness is the answer. Does he use the prayer for serenity:"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"? Helping your daughter is a step at a time issue. Prayers for you and your family!

      Delete
    2. I don't know if he knows that but I will post it and see what he says...he is angered towards everything....he even now believes God has shown him that his love is conditional and that God never heal my daughter because it isn't his will and that God doesn't live my daughter because she is defiant towards her and that he doesn't have to forgive her because the Bible says forgive your brother 7 X 77 and he says she is not a brother or sister in Christ...even if she did get baptized... because she is evil

      Delete
    3. Until she fully repents and behaves normally

      Delete

We welcome your comments!