Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Let the Glory Be God's

 Let the Glory Be God’s

“Praise be to the Lord,
for He has heard my cry for Mercy.
The LORD is my strength and shield;
My heart trusts in Him and I am helped.”
(Psalm 28 vs 6 & 7)

In America the “Super Bowl” takes place on Sunday the fourth and there are big numbers associated with it. Numbers like 150 million people watching on TV, 3 million dollars for a 30 second add, 250 million added to the area economy- OH yes, a number I do not have but tried to find; there are a number of competitors and coaches from both teams who will attend a prayer meeting and bible study Sunday before the game. They are members of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
            My sports history goes back to age six as a YMCA swimmer and in my 60 plus years of associating with athletes has convinced me that they are overall not a group to be proud to know. For the most part, their years of competition and “winning is everything” attitude has influenced them in a negative manner. Frankly I don’t like them and avoid them.
            On Super Sunday there will be members of the “Fellowship” who have kept a balance in their life. In sports I find them a pleasing and great minority. They represent what I feel every Christian and person needs to be: The best they can be with an appreciation of the Lord and Jesus Christ. Below is the last paragraph of their competitor’s creed.
“I give my all- all of the time.
I do not give up. I do not give in. I do not give out.
I am the Lord’s warrior- a competitor by conviction and a disciple of determination.
I am confident beyond reason because my confidence lies in Christ.
The results of my efforts must result in His glory.

Let the competition begin.
Let the glory be God’s.”

Thought for Today: Let us enjoy today by being the best we can be while keeping the Lord in the forefront.

Prayer for Today: Father, today we pray that we will keep you in our lives; that we will be fair in our dealings and competitions. We pray that through our faith we will be good examples of your commandments.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!