Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fitness 1

Fitness 1

 
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex…
Your workmanship is marvelous.
(Psalm 139, Vs 13 & 14) 

            We are a wonderful machine/animal, born with feelings, the intellect to apply logic to our lives and without sin. For most of us it is all downhill from there. Society gives us the opportunity to pursue pleasure through wealth, eating great foods and entertaining ourselves while sitting down. The pure hearts that we were born with become hidden by our pursuit of worldly materials and the “…the delicate, inner parts…” become hidden with excess weight. Today I want to address the body rather than the mind.

            There are three people that have meant a lot to me in my life that have taken care of what God gave them better than most. One is my dad’s sister, the others are personal friends that I met when I relocated to Minnesota. They have contributed subliminally and outwardly to who I am today, they have a high level of faith following very different theologies and are similar in other ways.

            The aunt I have written about before. She was a yoga instructor and in the 60’s and she started talking about changing our diets to decrease fat content.  Our family was a roast beef every Sunday type of family that trended toward obesity. She broke the family trend started a life of both physical and mental fitness. She passed this year at age 88 and to the end she was a teacher and role model in her community. 

            We will talk about the other two tomorrow! 

Thought for Today: Today let us focus on our physical selves. Let’s park a bit further from the door, say no thanks to the desert tray, walk the stairs as we are able. Let us be as good as we can be. 

Prayer for Today: Father, today we give thanks for who and what we are and the many helpers that you have sent us along the way.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!