Sunday, January 8, 2017

Confidence

Confidence

 “For you are my hope;
O Lord God, you are my trust…
And the source of my confidence.
(Psalm 71:5)

                Folks, we are starting a New Year and for once I did not make any New Year’s resolutions. That means I have decided to accept my faults!  In the past mine involved weight and fitness and statistically that made me average. My 70 year exercise program worked well in 2016 and neither seemed necessary for 2017!

            The Psalmist above gives us a strong message for the New Year and clearly demonstrates that through our faith we can find confidence and trust. The newspapers, the TV journalists and media all want to sell us on negativity. They are after ratings and for whatever reason they think focusing on the negative is the way to sell their time. That is not a good service to the world. Ok, we do read the news but we also need to read the good news of Jesus to balance the books. His good news can overcome all the news media’s negativity.

                This Psalmist also said:
But as for me I will always have hope
(Psalm 72-14)
and
You will increase my honor
And comfort me once again
(Psalm 71-21)
                You can see that the good news needs to be our resolution for the next year. Through the good news of Jesus Christ we will all have a better life and live in a better world.

Thought for Today: Happy New Year to all. It will be as we grow in confidence and trust in those around us. It will be when we share the good news to those around us and it will be as we grow together in our faith.

Prayer for Today:  Dear Lord and Father, we are at the beginning of a New Year and are faced with the opportunities that present themselves each January. As always we want to do better in every way. This year we pray that we can discover the spiritual maturity and growth to be better at being a disciple and worker for you. We pray that we may find a clear vision of what we can do for you.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!