Monday, August 12, 2013

Letters?


Good News 030111 Letters?

You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts,
 known and read by everyone.
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry,
written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God,
not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.”
(2 Corinthians 3 vs. 2&3) 

            Wow, it sure is scary to think that we are a letter from Christ. Are we really qualified to represent Jesus in our everyday lives? That is certainly a challenging thought and Paul was certainly challenging the people of Corinth. Was he challenging us or can we discount his word here as too ancient?
            I really want to talk today about the difference between qualified and certified- two words that are not interchangeable but are often used in the same context. In the world of the spirit, when it comes to representatives of the Lord, there is a strong difference. Ordained pastors are certified to give communion, Baptize and I am sure many other things that I do not even know about. However, we are all ministers of the gospel and through our spirituality; we are the light, the message and the Spirit. We are qualified through our covenant to shine that light. 

Thought for Today: Today I recognize my qualifications given to me by my covenant to my faith. I will share them and use them through the spirit given to me.

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, for today help me live as an example of you, as a window into the spirit. For today let others see you through my eyes.
Amen

 

 

 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!