Friday, September 13, 2019

Our Shield

Our Shield

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith,
with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God.”
(Eph 6 vs. 16&17)

            All days are not created equal as we go through our lives. There are highs and lows  and we have to deal with them.
            One day in July 1998 it was way too hot for golf. I did not want to walk the course at 95 degrees, but I was the league captain, so I begrudgingly went to the course. It was hot and steamy. On the first tee my practice swings made my hands sweat so that the club would slip in my hands. I brought an extra towel just to keep them dry. My confidence was really low, and it seemed like a bad idea to be out there.
            By the third tee my extra hand towel was already soaked from keeping my hands dry, my shirt was sticking to my body, but I had two pars in hand which is a good way for an 11 handicap to start. It was on this par three that my negative attitude changed. I dried my hands, did my set up and put the ball in the cup; my first hole in one! My two partners kidded me because I had been complaining!
           
            As I said, things change; that day went from miserable to great!

            In our ever-changing life there is one constant force available and if you are reading this you more than likely understand. That constant force is our faith. We read that God is always with us. Paul advised the Ephesians to take up the shield of faith. We need to remember that when things are not perfect and give thanks when things are going well.

Thought for Day: Today it may rain on the outside or the sun may be hot on our foreheads. With that said, let us keep our faith strong so that we will have a great day!

Prayer for Today: Dear God, some days are good, others not so good. Today we know will be a good one because we are thinking about you and know we have you with us.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!