Friday, March 13, 2020

COVID-19


Tonight, I want to be current. The news this week is one of trauma and fear. Yes, the big bad COVID-19 is a worldwide concern. Visits to my devotional blog today are more than four times normal and from 160 countries. People in the world are searching. The twenty-third Psalm seems to be the correct reading. Let’s think it through.

23rd Psalm

“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside still waters..."
 (Psalms 23:1-2).        

            The first two lines above, lead us to tranquility. Faith will take care of your wants and lead us to that inner peace you desire and to the restful place beside still waters. My message last week was to find a still place. We need that right now!

"He refreshes and restores my life;
He leads in the paths of righteousness for His namesake"
(Psalm23:3)

When things in our life need rebuilding; fear and concern are an issue. We need spirituality and faith to maintain peace.

"Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff to comfort me."
(Psalm 23:4)

            On our planet this week, we seem to be walking through the valley and in the shadow. No one knows what to expect. Fear may be too strong but most are concerned; certainly, elders are at high risk. We need comfort. The Psalmist points out that the Lord is with us, he will guide and support us.

As Christians have wonderful tools to work with the more we let God lead, the more we will be at peace.


Thought for Today: We have a virus epidemic expanding in our world. That is cause for concern. When concerned, remember you are not alone. The Lord is with you.

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, COVID-19 has us all concerned. All the world’s people are reacting with fear and anxiety. We pray for peace and calm. We pray that you will carry us through.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!