Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year


 Happy New Year 

"Not that I have already obtained all this,
or have already been made perfect,
but I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
(Phillipiens3:12-14; NIV)
 

        Happy New Year. For the next few weeks, athletic clubs will be filled with "New Year’s resolutionists". Diet programs will come and go, self-improvement books will be purchased or at least the dust will be blown from last year’s cover! Does that sound familiar? Have you had a few resolutions fall by the wayside? Paul would not have written the above on New Year’s Eve, but it is appropriate. There are a lot of new goals today: weight, fitness, financial goals, etc. Paul is asking us to look at our spiritual goals. "...Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize.” Hold that thought as you proceed through the New Year.

Thought for Today: Let us look ahead at the opportunities that exist for us.

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father as this New Year begins, hear our serenity prayer:

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."
 

Hear this for all the world's people so that your love and peace may dominate this New Year.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!