Saturday, October 1, 2022

Busy?

 

BUSYness 

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering,

 and the time has come for my departure

I have fought the good fight

 I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

(2 Timothy 4: 6 & 7) 

            Over the years, I came to relate closely with the race analogies used by Paul in his letters. They are meaningful today because the events around the world have thrown us into a high state of BUSYness. (Spell-check hates that word, but I like it!). Paul's message above is not about a marathon, a workweek, or getting to the children's activities; it has nothing to do with our BUSYness. It has to do with keeping our faith peaked during the process of life. 

            BUSYness! I wrote this today because retired old Bob is too busy with retirement stuff; writing, blogging, helping others in need, increasing my exercise program, and generally being Bob. For the second day in a row, my morning meditation did not fit. 

In the early 1990s, my daughter gave me a devotional, "With All My Strength" by H. Norman Wright." Before that, I skimmed the newspaper while watching the morning TV news and drinking my coffee. That would increase my stress and negativity. Reading the devotional improved my attitude, and life improved through spiritual growth 

            Today, I read Paul's message to Timothy before tackling the day's tasks. You see, life is excellent but longer than a marathon. Sometimes called the daily grind. Life is good when the good fight is supported by spiritual growth. Finish your race by keeping the faith. 

Thought for the Day: In a counter to Paul's message about the race, I read the following from the 23rd Psalm: "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." Take a prayer break today and every day. 

Prayer for Today: Dear father, today we pray for personal peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!