Friday, April 21, 2023

Infants in Christ

Infants

Brothers and sisters,

I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit

but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ.

(1 Corinthians 3 vs. 1) 

            I confess to you that I cannot quote a lot of scripture; I do not know a lot of biblical history; I have never visited the holy land; sometimes, I skip my Friday bible study to play golf or work out. At best, I am an infant in Christ.           

That is good because it leaves plenty of room to grow, to keep trying, and a reason to keep writing. There is growth ahead when we do the right things. Our life is a spiritual journey without limits or an end. That’s an excellent thought.           

As a young engineer, my mentor used to quote Aristotle, “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.” It is true with our faith. The more we learn, the more the mystery and the higher our thirst becomes. That may be the best part of it all. 

Thought for Today: Recognize the opportunity to grow in the Spirit, that we are in our infancy and have room for exciting growth! 

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, we are grateful for your presence in our lives and the peace brought to us through faith. We will face challenges today and go forth with the knowledge that you will be with us.

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!