Friday, May 24, 2024

Honor Them

Honor Them “Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him.” “Keep reminding God’s people of these things...” (2 Timothy 2: 11 & 14) Celebrate Memorial Day, and pray for all who served and went before us and those we love. My son-in-law Rick played in the 451st Fort Snelling Army band for several years, and we would go to his parades. At each show, they traditionally played the Coast Guard, Army, Marines, and Navy military anthems while the veterans in the crowd stood and saluted. My eyes teared up with emotion when I thought about what these people had done for us. There are places in the world where my publishing these messages would be criminal. That is not the case here. One thing that makes America great is the freedom to worship and our varied culture. We welcome all faiths to our shores. Abraham Lincoln said it like this: “I am nothing, but truth is everything. I know I am right because I know that liberty is right, for Christ teaches it, and Christ is God.” Thought for Today: Today, let us remember all who have gone before us and be thankful. Prayer for Today: Dear Lord and Father, today we thank all those who have gone before us and contributed to our lives today. First, all those who fought in our military contributed to our freedom. Second to our family ancestors who built our traditions and lifestyle, and last to Jesus, who gave us grace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!